So I just want to document our past month or so for my own sake.... not complaining but would like to have this as a reference someday to remember what this year has been like.
Late in February, one or both of the girls were fighting some sort of virus which caused high fevers.....so they couldn't be at daycare the entire week.
The next week on Tuesday, daycare had a water main break around midday (it was actually on the street outside but the city shut off their water so they had to close) And they were closed Weds as well while they repaired things......
On Thursday on the way into work, Emma threw up in the car so I got her all cleaned up, still left Carmen at daycare and headed home. We got home and I sat down to start working and got a call that Carmen had a fever and was complaining of a sore throat. Took her in and she had strep.
A few days later Emma started waking at night (doesn't happen unless something is wrong.) We thought it was teething. Ended up making it til Thursday and got her into the dr. to find out she had strep too.....
The following week was uneventful. Daycare and work joked with me that we made it a full week.
Last week I got a call on Weds that Emma had a low grade fever and a rash. Took her in on Thurs and the rash they said was viral but she was diagnosed with a double ear infection.
That brings us to this week.... Emma still fighting the rash. Thursday I sent pictures to the dr. and they thought she was having a reaction to the antibiotic. I should stop that right away and give her benadryl and she would starting see changes fairly quickly.... well that didn't happen. So I took her back in yesterday...... she didn't have a reaction rather she has severe eczema and the antiobiotic didn't work for her ears. So we left with a new med for her ears and some prescribed meds for her skin..... to top off the day she popped a blood vessel in her eye. It doesn't seem to bother her at all, but she just looks in rough shape.
Andy has been awesome in sacrificing work a bit to help me out. And my manager at work has been very understanding in letting me work from home.
Can this winter be over soon!?!?!?!??!?
No comments:
Post a Comment